saving lives with every mile
Your heart pounds. Your pulse races. You cross the finish line to cheers, high fives and an amazing feeling of accomplishment. And every breath, every mile, every second you PR, saves lives.
You’re a part of Team Doctors Without Borders.
When you join Team Doctors Without Borders, you not only get professional athletic coaching, fundraising support, exclusive running gear and race weekend events and course support, you get the thrill of knowing that you’re saving lives with every mile you run, swim or cycle.
The money you raise in your athletic event helps our field workers save lives in over 70 countries across the world, as they battle Ebola outbreaks in West Africa, aid refugees in Syria, develop treatment for malnutrition, and prevent and treat HIV and TB. The urgent medical care Doctors Without Borders provides depends on the money we raise. Racing with Team Doctors Without Borders has an impact on the world – you will make a difference as part of our team.
If you prefer to fundraise for Doctors Without Borders in a sporting event of your choice and set your own fundraising goal, click here.
how does it work?
- Guaranteed entry into the Team Doctors Without Borders premier event of your choice.
- An entire weekend event experience that usually includes an athlete's reception or lunch with MSF aid workers, where you'll also meet fellow athletes and hear inspiring first-hand accounts of work being done in the field
- A Team Doctors Without Borders running, triathlon or cycling jersey and goodie bag
- Personal fundraising and donation page on the Team Doctors Without Borders website to help you meet your fundraising goal, plus one on one and online help with our fundraising experts*
- Professional athletic coaching to get in shape for your chosen endurance event
*Fundraising minimums range from $1,000 to $3,000, per person, depending on the event of your choice
2015 PREMIER EVENTS
FIVE BORO BIKE TOUR
May 3, 2015
New York, New York
BIG SUR INTERNATIONAL MARATHON
April 26, 2015
Big Sur, California
Escape from Alcatraz
June 7, 2015
San Francisco, California