STAY FIT AND SAVE LIVES
When you join Team Doctors Without Borders for any of our premiere events, or even choose your own event, you are helping our field teams continue to deliver vaccinations against outbreaks of deadly diseases, treatment for malnutrition, emergency surgery, and urgent medical care to people in more than 60 countries.
From beginner runners, triathletes, and cyclists to our most avid athletes, in 2013 we offer five unforgettable events where you'll be part of a special team with fellow MSF supporters, field workers, and MSF staff.
If you prefer to fundraise for Doctors Without Borders in a sporting event of your choice and set your own fundraising goal, click here.
how does it work?
- Your passion and dedication to both sport and philanthropy
- Your promise to train and fundraise
- Your voice to ask your friends, family, and colleagues for support for Doctors Without Borders
- Guaranteed entry into the Team Doctors Without Borders Premier event of your choice. Events listed below
- An entire weekend event experience that usually includes an Athlete's reception or lunch with key MSF field workers, where you'll also meet fellow athletes and hear inspiring first-hand accounts of work being done in the field
- A Team Doctors Without Borders running or cycling jersey and goodie bag
- Our deep gratitude that you save lives with every mile you run, pedal, or swim
- Personal fundraising and donation page on Team Doctors Without Borders website to help you meet your fundraising goal
- Weekly professional training to get in shape for your chosen sporting event
- A finish line table or tent where you can reunite with your team members, staff, and meet up with cheering family and friends
- Fundraising minimums range from $1,000 to $1,500, per person or team member, depending on the event of your choice
2013 PREMIERE EVENTS
Aquaphor New York City Triathlon
July 14, 2013
New York, New York
Want to be one of the 3,000 athletes that brave the waters of the mighty Hudson River before biking along Manhattan's West Side highway and running through New York's famed Central Park? Then the Aquaphor New York City Triathlon is for you. Register today.
Bank of America Chicago Marathon
October 13, 2013
One of the five greatest marathons on the globe, The Bank of America Chicago Marathon is known for its fast and flat course through one of the world's most magnificent cities. Elite athletes and amateurs alike annually target the race for its potential to generate personal, national and world records. And, you’re guaranteed to see all that is great about the city of Chicago as you set your personal best record!
Please note that we do not have open slots for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon in 2013 - we would be delighted for you to fundraise for Doctors Without Borders in this event, and we can provide training/fundraising support and team singlets, but you will need to obtain your own entry.More Information Register Donate to a Participant
Rock 'n' Roll Marathon - Los Angeles
October 27, 2013
Los Angeles, California
Celebrate Halloween weekend running a half marathon—in costume if you like—while supporting the lifesaving work of Doctors Without Borders!
Join us for an online informational meeting to learn more. Choose from the following dates: May 29 and June 5 @ 6pm PST, and June 12 at 10am PST.
RSVP to email@example.com to get the URL and login information.More Information Register Donate to a Participant
ING NYC Marathon
November 3, 2013
New York, New York
Join us and run through the five famous boroughs of NYC, crossing the finish line in Central Park. Skip the lottery and fundraise with Team Doctors Without Borders to gain entry to the most popular marathon in the world. With two million cheering spectators, this is a race you'll never forget.