Aquaphor New York City Triathlon
July 14, 2013
New York, New York
Want to be one of the 3,000 athletes that brave the waters of the mighty Hudson River before biking along Manhattan's West Side highway? Then put on your running shoes for a run through New York's famed Central Park?
Then the Aquaphor New York City Triathlon is for you.
Join Team Doctors Without Borders to train for this Olympic distance race consisting of 1500m swim, a 40k bike, and a 10k run to get in shape, and raise money for life-saving emergency medical care for men, women, and children in crisis situations around the world? We provide all the resources you need to do it.
Here's what you need to know about the Aquaphor New York City Triathlon and how to join our team:
- Your passion and dedication to both sport and philanthrophy
- Your promise to train and fundraise
- Your voice to ask your friends, family, and colleagues for support for Doctors Without Borders
- Guaranteed entry into the Aquaphor New York City Triathlon - July 14, 2013
- This is no ordinary triathlon. Your weekend experience includes a chance to meet and mingle with returning volunteers (field workers) from Doctors Without Borders and a reception to meet other team members and hear inspiring first-hand accounts of the work being done in the field
- You get an exclusive Doctors Without Borders triathlon top. This gear is not available for purchase. Only Team Doctor Without Borders triathletes get this coveted running gear.
- Our deepest gratitude that you save lives with every mile you run, pedal, and swim!
- Every team member has access to world class running coaching with weekly emails, lectures and group runs.
- A finish line table or tent where you can reunited with your team members, staff, and meet up with cheering family and friends
- We help you reach your fundraising goal of $1,500 minimum. Every triathlete will get fundraising coaching from our team of experts. All triathletes have access to your own personal online fundraising page with email, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn outreach tools to help you hit your minimum fundraising goal for this event.
This triathlon does have time cut-off times enforced by a sweep vehicle, so pre-event training is a “must.” This event also requires OWS certification. We have professional coaches to help you customize your training program or you’re welcome to use your own personal coaching program.