Bank of America Chicago Marathon
October 6, 2013
One of the five greatest marathons on the globe, The Bank of America Chicago Marathon is known for its fast and flat course through one of the world's most magnificent cities. Elite athletes and amateurs alike annually target the race for its potential to generate personal, national and world records. And, you’re guaranteed to see all that is great about the city of Chicago as you set your personal best record!
When you run with Team Doctors Without Borders, you save lives with every mile you run. We never know when men, women, and children around the world will be devastated by violence, an earthquake, or outbreak of disease leaving them desperate for emergency medical care just to survive the first hours of a crisis. But there is something you can do: Dedicate your marathon to raising funds to make sure our medical teams can continue to deliver vaccinations, lifesaving surgical procedures, and precious clean water to someone who might not otherwise have access to medical care.
Here's what you need to know about the Chicago Marathon and how to join our team:
- Your passion and dedication to both sport and philanthrophy
- Your promise to train and fundraise
- Your voice to ask your friends, family, and colleagues for support for Doctors Without Borders
- Your weekend experience will include a Runners Reception with key leaders and field workers from Doctors Without Borders where you’ll meet other team members and hear inspiring first-hand accounts of the work being done in the field
- You get exclusive Doctors Without Borders running gear. Our running singlets are not available for purchase. Only Team Doctor Without Borders runners have access to our gear
- Our deepest gratitude that you save lives with every mile you run
- Personal fundraising and donation page on Team Doctors Without Borders website to help you meet your fundraising goal
- Weekly professional training to get in shape for this run. This marathon does have course time limits, so we recommend you take advantage of our training program
- A finish line table or tent where you can reunited with your team members, staff, and meet up with cheering family and friends
- Fundraising minimum for this event is $1,000 per person or per team member
All paces are welcome. We offer a full training program for beginning marathoners up to elite runners.