AUGUST 3, 2014
JOIN US. JUMP IN. SAVE LIVES.
“There’s a mental toughness to training for an IRONMAN triathlon that has truly helped me as a Doctors Without Borders /Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) field coordinator on missions in Malawi, Chad, Ethiopia, Libya, South Sudan, Uganda, and Georgia. I would know. I worked hard to complete 15 marathons, two 50K trail races, two 50 mile races, two IRONMAN® 70.3® events and IRONMAN® Lake Placid in the span of five years.”"
— Kerri Kelly, MSF field coordinator
IRONMAN® BOULDER IS AN ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME JOURNEY THAT CAN BRING YOU TO YOUR KNEES AND TO YOUR BEST PERSONAL TRIUMPH ALL IN THE SAME DAY.
WHEN YOU COMPETE IN IRONMAN® BOULDER WITH TEAM DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS:
• You'll compete on a world stage with some of the most respected and revered athletes in the world.
• You'll hear the screams of thousands of spectators cheering you on to your finest day on the course.
• You'll be fully supported with a special VIP transition area, exclusive Doctors Without athletic gear, together with all the coaching and logistical support a team environment offers you.
• When you cross the finish line, you will always be an IRONMAN® competitor.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
• Only 3,000 athletes get to compete in IRONMAN® Boulder. General registration is sold out.
• Doctors Without Borders is a Featured Charity Partner of the 2014 IRONMAN® Boulder, and we’re fielding a team of 20 triathletes. We still have entries available!
• As a member of Team Doctors Without Borders you get guaranteed race entry for a discounted $150 registration fee and a commitment to raise $4,000, or more, for Doctors Without Borders. You must hit fundraising milestones, which we help you achieve, between registration and event day to be able to compete.
• You get VIP transition area at the race.
• You get a race week course preview.
• You get to meet and mingle with an MSF aid worker back from his or her latest mission and with your fellow triathletes at our exclusive Triathletes Reception the week of IRONMAN® Boulder.
• You are fully supported with an athletic training program including group webinars, a training calendar, weekly coaching emails, nutrition, and injury prevention tips.
• You get exclusive MSF triathlete gear, only available to Team Doctors Without Borders triathletes.
• You have daily access to TrainingPeaks online athletic training tools.
• Triathletes that raise $7,000 or more qualify for a $500 travel voucher.
• You get step-by-step instructions for how to hit your fundraising goal long before your milestone deadlines. You get an online fundraising page, inspirational stories, strategies, and all the tools you need to raise your funds.
• And, of course … there’s a goodie bag with a ton of, well, goodies, including an MSF cowbell to use for cheering.
Once our team has filled, we will create a wait list from which we’ll select athletes to fill any vacancies caused by individuals withdrawing from the team. No withdrawals allowed 90 days prior to the IRONMAN® event.
IRONMAN® Boulder is for you if you are:
• Passionate about fitness and are ready to start training for IRONMAN®
• Into cheering crowds pushing you and 20 of your Team Doctors Without Borders teammates past the finish line
• Willing to ask family, friends, sponsors, co-workers, and even total strangers to support your IRONMAN® competition with a donation to Doctors Without Borders
IRONMAN® Boulder is not for you if:
• You can’t commit to a six month training program.
• You’re not willing to ask friends, family, co-workers, or your social network to make donations to support your fundraising minimum.
• You’re not passionate about the mission of Doctors Without Borders.
WANT TO BE IN IRONMAN® WITH US?
QUESTIONS? CALL JOCELYN SCHERR AT 212-763-5708 OR EMAIL TEAMEVENTS@NEWYORK.MSF.ORG