September 15th: We hit our $10,000 goal! Wow! Just ... wow. We couldn't be more thankful and amazed at your generosity. Thank you, from the bottoms of our hearts. Every little bit helps Doctors Without Borders to do amazing things: I'd encourauge you to follow their wonderful Twitter feed @MSF_USA to see the powerful work they're doing. This money is going to where it's needed badly.
Where are we now? At the November 2014 SQL PASS Summit ...
- $5,000 in donations: Reached! Argenis Fernandez will be donning the pictured whimsical Rainbow Unicorn Hoodie that spawned this campaign, Argenis Without Borders!
- $10,000 in donations: Reached! Brent Ozar, Adam Machanic, Steve Jones, and Grant Fritchey will wear Fluffy Rainbow Leggings and Gail Shaw will wear Rainbow Wings and a Halo! Kirsten Benzel will also run/walk #SQLLongRun in the Rainbow Unicorn Hoodie.
- $15,000 in donations: the Four Fluffy Wearers will line dance to "Legs" by ZZ Top.
- $20,000 in donations: Grant will present in his Fluffies (and rumor has it he has more up his sleeve!).
- $25,000 in donations: Gareth Swanepoel, Jason Strate, Ed Watson, and Kirsten Benzel will get SQL SERVER TATTOOS!
Every little bit really does help. A heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who has donated so far! You all keep the #SQLFamily heart beating. What an amazing community. Let's keep going to support this wonderful charity!